Taylor Sterling is looking for an experienced Facade Manager to oversee the facades package on a high-end commercial building in Dubai. Client is a first tier global contractor working on iconic projects worldwide.
You will be responsible for all brick/block/stone works, and all the other packages related to facade works:
- Windows/External doors
- Lead and Slates
The duration for this project is set for the end of 2016.
You will be responsible for the following:
- To manage the daily activities in respect of Health and Safety, Quality and programme.
- To manage that costs associated with the works, and any variations should they arise.
- Lead weekly progress meetings and producing the required timeline of works / action points.
- Subcontractor management to ensure projects are delivered on time and compliant.
- Investigation into latent defects and provide engineered solutions where necessary.
- Procurement of subcontractors for post completion works.
- Preparation of purchase orders, works orders and associated documents.
- Control of subcontractors and directly employed labour.
- Liaison with the Client and their agents on post completion matters.
- Review of ongoing works with a view to highlight potential defects.
- Advising production teams on `lessons learnt`.
- Amendment of O&M`s etc after remedial activity.
- To comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- To fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company`s Health & Safety Policy Statement, Manual and Safe Systems of Work.
- Brickwork/Block work and Facades Management experience
- Excellent communication and man management skills
- Excellent self-organisation skills and ability to organise others
- Priority management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to drive program
- High levels of quality standards
- Attention to H&S matters
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Knowledge of UAE building regulations
- High End Commercial/ Mixed Use building construction experience
- Good financial control skills
- Understanding of UAE H&S construction laws
About the Company
Taylor Sterling is as an independent search and selection recruitment firm based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. With over 7 years experience attracting talent both locally and internationally to the GCC region.
We are an organization that strives to set the standard for the industry in the Middle Eastern region and beyond. We achieve this by following our mission values that have us portrayed as an integral business partner to our clients and an honest, impartial adviser to our candidates.
The formula to our success in providing turnkey solutions for talent acquisition requirements is one of integrity, transparency and accountability, coupled with extensive regional experience and in-depth industry sector knowledge. Going that 'extra mile' is what really stands us out from the crowd and ensures 'peace of mind' for clients and candidates a like.